Physical Health & Wellbeing

Physical Health & Wellbeing

Explore the frequently asked questions below to learn more about the services available to you. If you're unable to find the information you need, contact us and we'll ensure your query is directed to the relevant service.

There is no need to register with a dentist in the same way as with a GP because you are not bound to a catchment area. However, many dental practices have limited spaces, so you may have to join a waiting list until a space becomes available.

If you think you need urgent treatment for a tooth or gum problem and you already have a dentist, you should contact them on their usual number.

If you are not registered with an NHS dentist and require routine dental care, please contact the Devon and Cornwall Dental Helpline on 01392 822348 or email

However, if you have a dental emergency, call the NHS dental helpline on 01872 354375 and an answerphone message will provide you with information on how to obtain emergency dental treatment. Alternatively, call NHS 111 for further advice.

We advise and support students with disabilities, health conditions and specific learning differences, such as dyslexia. Our aim is for all students to feel equally valued and included.

Find out more about what we do.

In order to access Wellbeing support we ask all students who approach Student Services for an appointment to complete a secure, confidential form to allow us to assess your needs.

Please visit Compass Online and follow the instructions below to access the Wellbeing Appointment Form.

1. Use your university username and password to login to the Compass Online portal.

2. Select ‘Log New Enquiries’ under the Enquiries section of the menu on the left of the screen.

3. Select ‘Wellbeing Appointment Form’ from the category menu (you can use the filter to narrow your search).

4. Complete the form with as much detail as possible and click send.

Please note that the more information you provide, the better we can identify the most appropriate support.

Once you have submitted this, a member of our team will be in touch within three working days* to discuss options for your support, based on your current concerns. Please note that this may be longer at peak times.

If your concerns need more immediate attention, please visit: Need Help Now.

An ILP (Individual Learning Plan) is a list of recommended adjustments that is shared with your course team to ‘level the playing field’. In other words, to make sure you’re not disadvantaged due to your condition. Examples may include: extension consideration, lecture slides in advance or extra times in exams. An Accessibility adviser will look at your evidence and agree them with you first.

We can support you best if we know about your condition. This is particularly important in the event of a medical emergency. We will also work with you to create an ILP (Individual Learning Plan) which guides lecturers in putting in place reasonable adjustments on your course and in exams. 

If you have a physical injury or are experiencing severe symptoms such as fever, pain, vomiting, bleeding, shortness of breath, or have taken an overdose, you should go to the nearest Accident and Emergency Department in Truro:
Royal Cornwall Hospital (RCH), Treliske, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3LQ

You can call Glasney Lodge on 01326 253503 (3503 from internal phones at Glasney) or Campus Security on 07768557779 if you need help from campus staff or want them to call you an ambulance.

Call 999 for an ambulance if you’re off campus.

If you are feeling suicidal, or have or urgent mental health needs please seek immediate help.

Go to the local A&E department, if you can’t get there, call 999 and ask for an ambulance.

If you need some support right now, but don't want to go to A&E, contact the Samaritans on freephone 116 123, they're open 24 hours and are there to listen. You can also email them on

If you are not in immediate need and would like a chat to the Living Support Team then please raise an enquiry through Compass and someone will make contact with you.

Students can see a doctor at the Penryn Campus, or if you live in Falmouth, you can register at a nearby surgery.

To see the doctor at the Student Health Centre at the Penryn Campus, you need to register with the Penryn Surgery first, and then book an appointment. To make an appointment, contact Penryn Surgery on 01326 372502, stating that you are a student at Falmouth.

Doctor sessions - Student Health Centre, Penryn Campus (opposite the Stannary)
Monday 8.30am – 11.30am
Tuesday 8.30am – 11.30am
Wednesday 3.00pm – 5.00pm
Thursday 3.00pm – 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am - 11.30am

Local surgeries
Penryn Surgery, Saracen Way,
Penryn TR10 8HX
Tel: 01326 372502

Falmouth Health Centre, Trevaylor Road,
Falmouth, TR11 2LH
Tel: 01326 210090

Trescobeas Surgery, Trescobeas Road,
Falmouth, TR11 2UN
Tel: 01326 315615

Westover Surgery, Western Terrace,
Falmouth, TR11 4QJ
Tel: 01326 212120

To register at Westover, go to the new patients section on their website. You will need photo ID and proof of being a resident in Falmouth will be helpful.

Pregnancy can bring about a whole range of feelings and emotions. You may like to speak to friends and family about how you are feeling and gain their support. Please be assured that you can also speak confidentially with a member of the Living Support Team. We can provide advice and signposting and we can listen and discuss the practical, emotional, social or academic options.

It’s a good idea to book a GP appointment.

You can also get further advice on pregnancy, sexual health, termination and contraception at

Not found the information you need? Contact us.

Loading chat...