Victim of Crime

Victim of Crime

Explore the frequently asked questions below to learn more about the services available to you. If you're unable to find the information you need, contact us and we'll ensure your query is directed to the relevant service.


If you have been a victim of sexual assault and/or rape, we are here to help you. Please talk to a professional who can support you and provide the appropriate help and advice.


You can report directly to the police by calling 101 or 999. You may also want to talk to your G.P.


If you are not sure who to talk with or if you are unsure or do not want to report it to the Police. Please contact the Willow Centre


The Willow Centre is a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) in Truro, Cornwall. The Willow Centre supports male and female victims of all forms of sexual assault and violence including rape, sexual assault, domestic sexual violence, childhood or historic abuse, sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, female genital mutilation and ritual abuse. Their expert team of highly trained staff work across Cornwall supporting victims of sexual assault.


If you have been assaulted within the last 10 days, The Willow Centre, can explain all procedures to you and help you to make an informed choice about your care. Please be mindful there is a forensic window whereby physical evidence can only be gained within a certain time frame after a sexual assault or rape. The Willow Centre can talk you through this if you want to know more and if you make the choice to have a physical examination.


The Willow Centre supports males and females, from the age of 13 years with a forensic service, crisis support and an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) Service. You can also contact The Willow Centre for support and advice around historic abuse also.


Sexual assault and rape can happen to anyone at any age. You can expect to be believed and be treated with dignity and respect.

You can also speak to the Living Support Team who can advise and provide additional support through Student Services.

If you’ve been a victim of crime, you’ll need to decide whether or not to tell the police. It's okay to feel unsure about this or worry about what will happen if you do.

There are positive reasons for reporting a crime. Remember that the police deal with all sorts of crime every day; they should treat everybody fairly and equally, and put your safety first. If you do decide to report a crime to the police then you’ll automatically be put in touch with Victim Support:

Alternatively you can discuss your concerns with the Living Support team, who can discuss the options to you. They can also arrange for you to meet the police on campus if you would like this.

Police emergencies: call 999.

For non-emergencies call 101.

Victim of sexual violence: You can contact the Willow Centre to report an incident and get help. They are an independent sexual violence advocacy service in Cornwall for practical and emotional support between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Call 01209 203969, email or visit their website . • If outside of 9am-5pm please call 999.

Victim of domestic abuse: If you are in danger now call 999. • REACH offers advice, support and then a referral to the appropriate services for all victims and survivors of domestic violence and abuse living in Cornwall. They are open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday on 0300 777 4 777 • Cornwall Women’s Refuge Trust (CWRT) call 01872 225629 any time • Women’s Aid National 24 hour helpline 0808 200 024 • Men’s Advice Line 0808 801 0327

Noise nuisance / disturbance: Call Environmental Protection on 0300 1234 212 or email • Call the antisocial behaviour team on 0300 1234 232 or email

Stalking / harassment:If you are at immediate risk call 999 • National Stalking Helpline – call 0808 802 0300 between 9:30am – 4pm Monday to Friday (except Wednesdays when it opens 1pm – 4pm). Alternatively email them at

If you are unable to find an answer to your query in our frequently asked questions please log an enquiry on Compass by clicking the log enquiry button above and one of our advisors will respond to your query.

Related topics

Not found the information you need? Contact us.