Disability Support & Advice

Disability Support & Advice

Explore the frequently asked questions below to learn more about the services available to you. If you're unable to find the information you need, contact us and we'll ensure your query is directed to the relevant service.

To apply for an adjusted deadline of up to 10 working days for an assignment, you will need to log into My Falmouth and click on the Individual learning Plan (ILP) tile. If you have Adjusted Deadlines as an adjustment in your ILP, you will see an Adjusted Deadlines Application tile. Complete the online form to request an Adjusted Deadline for individual assessments. This video will show you how to do this.  

If you qualify for Disabled Students’ Allowance you will need to have a DSA Needs Assessment to decide on the support you will need on your course. Your funding body will write to you to confirm this and to request that you attend a DSA-QAG accredited Needs Assessment Centre. A list of assessment centres can be found here. There is a DSA-QAG accredited Needs Assessor available at Penryn campus. 

You can book at Needs Assessment on Penryn campus with Contact Associates. There is also an assessment centre in Penryn run by Access2Learn.

You will need to provide the assessment centre with a copy of your evidence and your DSA eligibility letter which can be downloaded from your Student Finance online account.

We advise and support students with disabilities, health conditions and specific learning differences, such as dyslexia. Our aim is for all students to feel equally valued and included.

Find out more about what we do.

An ILP (Individual Learning Plan) is a list of recommended adjustments that is shared with your course team to ‘level the playing field’. In other words, to make sure you’re not disadvantaged due to your condition. Examples may include: extension consideration, lecture slides in advance or extra times in exams. An Accessibility adviser will look at your evidence and agree them with you first.

If you have a disability or long term health condition, you may be able to apply for an extension. Please see your ILP (Individual Learning Plan) which will confirm whether extensions are part of your reasonable adjustments. In some cases, you may be able to claim extenuating circumstances. Accessibility can tell you more about this.

We can support you best if we know about your condition. This is particularly important in the event of a medical emergency. We will also work with you to create an ILP (Individual Learning Plan) which guides lecturers in putting in place reasonable adjustments on your course and in exams. 

We use the word ‘disability’ to cover a wide range of conditions such as:  long-term health conditions (including physical, sensory and mental health) as well as specific learning differences, such as dyslexia.

There are many drop-ins, workshops and free apps for all students. For full details, see Free Support.

Not found the information you need? Contact us.

Loading chat...