Extenuating Circumstances

Extenuating Circumstances

Explore the frequently asked questions below to learn more about the services available to you. If you're unable to find the information you need, contact us and we'll ensure your query is directed to the relevant service.

‘If you need to apply for an extension or deferral due to mitigating circumstances then information on this process can be found at http://www.exeter.ac.uk/wellbeing/studentwelfare/mitigationprocess/ 
If you have any queries or concerns about the process or wish to speak about available support please do not hesitate to either visit the Info point (in the Peter Lanyon Building)  in person or contact the team via email at Penryn-mitigation@exeter.ac.uk’ 

Log-on to: https://myfalmouth.falmouth.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn
Click on the tile "Extenuating Circumstances".  If you have any queries please contact ec@falmouth.ac.uk

Extenuating circumstances (EC's) can be applied for if you have unexpected and severe reasons for requiring an extension or consideration on your work. More details can be found at : https://www.falmouth.ac.uk/student-regulations. There is strict criteria in gaining extenuating circumstances. You are required to submit an application for EC's through the My Falmouth Portal https://myfalmouth.falmouth.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn. You will also need to upload professional evidence to support your application. For example this could be a letter from your GP.  On occasion you maybe unable to provide evidence due to an on-going or sudden issue. If you are already engaged with Student Services your worker maybe able to support your application so please speak with them. In rare instances, you may suffer a sudden loss, bereavement or change of circumstances which cannot be evidenced. In these instances, you should look to inform your Personal Tutor immediately and log an enquiry through Compass for the Living Support Team to make contact with you to discuss this.
If you have any specific enquiries in relation to extenuating circumstances then please email EC@falmouth.ac.uk

UNIVERSITY OF EXETER - See FAQ on Mitigating Circumstances

Not found the information you need? Contact us.

Loading chat...