chat loading...

Withdrawing From My Course

Withdrawing From My Course

Explore the frequently asked questions below to learn more about the services available to you. If you're unable to find the information you need, contact us and we'll ensure your query is directed to the relevant service.

Falmouth University

Students considering withdrawing or intermitting

If you wish to withdraw or intermit from your studies, you should contact Student Records and request a withdrawal/intermittence form.  You should discuss the matter with your Head of Subject to consider whether this is the right decision for you and contact the Finance department, as there could be financial implications because of this action.  If, after these discussions you still wish to intermit or withdraw, your Head of Subject should complete and sign the form and you should return the this as soon as possible to Student Records to be processed.  You should also return your student ID card.  Student Records will send acknowledgement of your withdrawal/intermittence, on receipt of the form.

Intermitting students wishing to return

Student Records will contact intermitting students by post, asking if they still intend to return. Intermitting students must respond to Student Records by the date noted in the letter.  Informal confirmation, for example to a course tutor, is not acceptable. Where no response is received by Student Records, intermitting students will be deemed to have withdrawn from their studies. 

University of Exeter

In all cases, we strongly suggest you speak with the FXU Advice team. There may be financial implications of your decision, and other actions (e.g. Interruption, changing the mode of attendance or programme) may be more suitable. 

If you want to withdraw or interrupt from the University, you will need to:

See your tutor at your College or the Penryn Info Point team to discuss your options before starting the process of withdrawal or interruption.

You will then either be directed to complete the form through SID Online, or a College administrator can go through the form with you in person or over the phone if you prefer. 

Please make sure you select the proposed date of withdrawal. This must be agreed between yourself and the college.

If you are an International student on a Tier 4 student visa, you will need to see an International student support advisor. Please make an appointment by emailing

If you are in University Accommodation, the accommodation team will update the online Withdrawal form to let you know about moving out and terminating your contract. For more information please contact

Once the online form has been approved by the Associate Dean for Education or nominated delegate (and the International Support Team/Accommodation if necessary), it will be passed on to our Student records team who will complete the process and send you an email to confirm. If relevant, the University will notify the Student Loans Company of your withdrawal.

Please return your UniCard to the Info Point desk in the Peter Lanyon Building.

Please be aware that there may be serious financial implications if you withdraw from your studies at the University of Exeter. You are strongly advised to consult the FXU Advice Unit before completing a withdrawal form. You can make an appointment with them on 01326 255861 or

Not found the information you need? Contact us.